Monday, May 14, 2012

Kony comes to Fondren


If you look around the Fondren Business District in Jackson, MS you'll find these Kony "Invisible Children" poster plastered around on light poles, traffic boxes, etc.  It's odd to me.  The posters seem to advocate nothing other than building name recognition for the "Invisible Children" brand. 

I don't know who put up the posters or the thinking behind them.  I'll assume that they were put up by someone with genuine concerns, but I wonder just how much these people are working on the "invisible children" in our community?  There are plenty of children that need help everywhere and it seems like real action to help local kids might be a better use of time than putting up trendy posters promoting the cause of the day.

---------------------------------

Real quick about the walking and dieting.  It turns out that I'm doing most of my walking at the office from 6 to 6:30 and that doesn't allow for much picture taking.  Sort of defeats the purpose of this blog, but I'll probably still post here from time to time when I have the time.

As for the diet, I was down to 232 this morning.  My goal is a pound per week so this keeps me on pace.  The pound per week thing is very effective over time and can be very frustrating in the here and now.  I have to keep telling myself that a pound per week would put me at about 200 pounds by the end of the year.  That would be a tremendous achievement and an immense improvement in my health.  Just have to stick with things long enough to make that happen.

And now I need to get to work or else my walking will be cut short today.  Don't want to start dropping below the 30 minutes or more mark so soon in this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment